What to do after a car accident.
Road accidents happen no matter how careful we try to be, that's a fact. We understand that it's a stressful situation to be in whether it's your fault or not.
In case you get into a car accident, here are some of the things you would need to do:
- ALWAYS remember, safety comes first. If your car can be moved AND you are in a high traffic location, it's okay to move to the nearest safe location. This is not considered leaving the scene of an accident. If you can safely take pictures quickly - even if it's only one or two - then do that before moving the vehicles. Make sure that you tell the other driver that you are moving and ask him to do the same.
- Assess damages to your car and injuries incurred. Are you injured or do you feel pain in any part of your body? How about passengers? Assess yourself if you can. If you think you need medical attention immediately so you can inform someone of your need. If the accident damage is only to your vehicle, well and good but make sure to also see the damages yourself. Whenever in doubt, make sure that medical attention is received right away.
- If you're not injured and can do it, make sure to get the facts. This means getting the plate numbers of the cars, the names and address of all individuals involved in the accident, their respective insurance companies and vehicle identification numbers.
- Take photos at the scene. With camera phones and tablets being very common, make sure to take pictures of the collision, the plate number and damages of your car and the cars involved.
- Report the accident to the police and make sure you file a legal accident report.
- Call your insurance company immediately, whether you're at fault or not, to report the accident and the damages. If possible call your insurance company while the police are there, so you can ask help in providing more accurate information to your insurance company.
If you're looking for a reliable auto insurance company that you can trust in times of car accidents, then you've reached the right people. Talk to a representative of Best Auto Insurance Agents by phone or arrange a meeting with one of our auto insurance agents. We'll personally speak to you about our services and how easy it is to file a claim with our company in case you get into an accident.
Car Insurance in : Car Insurance Agency
Auto Insurance in : Auto Insurance Agency
Cheap Auto Insurance in : Cheap Car Insurance